Tuesday, September 22, 2009

In the Field of Model Rocketry - Pratham Ambla

• My Name is Pratham Ambla, a student of third year B.sc but enthusiast of rocketry, astronomy and space science. A childhood passion for the same leads my association with the Vikram A. Sarabhai Community Science Centre, Ahmedabad since my age of 10 years.
• I have been working and coordinating the Model Rocketry Club of center for last 12 years. Under the center premises, not only Model Rocketry Club but also, been conducting various activities like Primary Model Rocketry, Teenager’s Model Rocketry, Young Astronomers Club, Akash Darshan Club, Young Sky-viewer’s Club, Young Sky-gazer’s Club, Astronomy Club, Paper Plane Making Club, Glider Making Club, National Astronomy Olympiad, training program of National Astronomy Olympiad, Annual lessons program for Bed. Students of Gujarat and guideline about Space education for school students and teachers for Science Fairs, Vikram Sarabhai Model Rocketry Competition, Vikram Sarabhai Static Space Model Making Competition and Special Program on Astro night for laymen’s to popularize space science all over Gujarat and more parts of India. I am also engaged in organizing workshops at various places for other institutes and organization in Gujarat, such workshops and seminars not only excites students but also enhances knowledge of teachers and parents creating awareness and need of space science.
• Under the guidance of Directors of the Centre Dr. Madhukar Mehta, Dr. Jayshree Mehta and Dr. B.R. Sitaram, as a resource person I have conducted workshops and teachers training programs in various parts of India under their respective tenure of being head of the center.
• First time in India, I had introduced and instrumental in organizing the 1st Vikram Sarabhai Model Rocket Competition in 2003, which was overwhelmed by 215 participants from various schools and organization of Ahmedabad by taking part in the competition. That was inaugurated by Dr. K.N. Shankara, Director of Space Application Centre (SAC) Ahmedabad and prize distribution was done by Mrs. Mrinalini Sarabhai, Director Darpana Academy for Performing Arts, Ahmedabad.
• I am also the first Indian competitor who was represented India in September 2004. I have been participated in the 15th world Space Modeling Championship for seniors and juniors 2004, Poland. There were 19 participant countries including India. I have been participated in S1B (Altitude Tracking) in senior category. In S1B category stood on 10th place in team category and 24th rank in individual category. I was the youngest in senior category.
• First Time in India, I was introduce Water Booster Rocket Competition in 2005. There were 50 Participants from different school in this competition. I was selected one participant and send him to participate in 13th Asia Pacific Space Agency Forum, to participate in 2nd water booster rocket Competition in Japan. In Water Booster Rocket Competition I was only Jury Member.
• In 2006, I have been participated in the 16th World Space Modeling championship for seniors and juniors in Baiknour, Russia. I have been participated in S3A (Parachute Rocket) in senior category. In S3A category stood on 15th rank in individual category.
• In March 2005 - For the First time from India, I have been appointed as a Sub- Committee Member to Representing the India.
• In May 2005 - For the First time from India, I have been appointed as a Jury Member in International Competition.
• SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT: In June 2006- (Registered in a Limca Book of Records) In Aero Sports category: For Space Modelling: For the First time in India, Organize Model Rocket Competition and For First Time participated as a First Indian competitor in International competition.
Founder of Model Rocketry Club - India, Dr. V.B. Kamble & M.P. Deomurari

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am a B.Tech student designed a rocket model in Catia nd pro-e and finished the analysis part.I have very less amount of time for the final show.Now I would like to know where can I get a modeler or shop who will develop the real time model according to my design?

sgt.akshay@yahoo.com said...

Wow!! an indian gem!! Sir please can i get your contact email? i have lots of questions to ask you.

please respond ,

my id is sgt.akshay@yahoo.com